Outbound investment from Vietnam has continued to increase during the last few decades, with a strong focus the ASEAN region and some western countries including the USA, Australia, Canada. Phuoc & Associates is recognized as one of the first Vietnamese law firms to advise clients in this area and today remains one of only a few law firms in Vietnam with a dedicated practice in this regard.
We help Vietnamese enterprises invest overseas by:
- Conducting surveys of the legal environments of targeted overseas countries and associated risk assessments;
- Helping clients secure approvals from the Ministry of Planning and Investment and relevant Vietnamese State agencies to invest overseas;
- providing legal advice on facilitating foreign currency payments, including navigating Vietnam’s strict foreign exchange control policies;
- Designing optimal investment structures (e.g. under the form of either a representative office, branch, subsidiary or partnership) in compliance with the requirement of Vietnamese law;
- Preparing and/or reviewing investment documentation;
- Helping clients prepare periodic and annual reports as required by the competent governmental authorities of Vietnam; and
- Helping clients negotiate with business partners at each stage of the investment process.
Phuoc & Associates has offices located in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Danang – the main investment hubs of Vietnam – and an extensive network of international law practice alliances. With nearly 20 years of practice experience in Vietnam, we have vast experience providing advice for all industries sectors, especially in mining, real estate, and agriculture and the service industry, and provide our clients with clear and practical advice on all legal aspects of their outbound investment.
Our Vietnamese offices are led by well-known Vietnamese lawyers who have been prestigiously recognized within the legal and business community of Vietnam. They are native Vietnamese speakers, to communicate with clients, and are fluent in English to liaise with a client’s overseas partners and with their international law practice network for the client’s outbound investment projects.