Outbound investment from Vietnam has continued to increase during the last few decades, with a strong focus the ASEAN region and some western countries including the USA, Australia, Canada. Phuoc & Associates is recognized as one of the first Vietnamese law firms to advise clients in this area and today remains one of only a few law firms in Vietnam with a dedicated practice in this regard.
Ongoing Legal Advice to FIEs
We are operating on a continual long-term basis for many clients in connection to their legal and corporate matters. We provide daily legal support services to clients in their activities while keeping them abreast of the latest legal provisions that relate to their business and industry.
We assist clients in complying with their obligations pertaining to taxes, foreign exchange, labour, the environment, and customs. We pride ourselves on our practical and conscientious approach to our work. For many clients, we are no longer simply “lawyers” but a valuable member of their team. Our lawyers are regularly invited to serve as directors or company secretaries to FIEs in Vietnam.
We help Vietnamese enterprises invest overseas by
- Conducting surveys of the legal environments of targeted overseas countries and associated risk assessments;
- Helping clients secure approvals from the Ministry of Planning and Investment and relevant Vietnamese State agencies to invest overseas;
- Providing legal advice on facilitating foreign currency payments, including navigating Vietnam’s strict foreign exchange control policies;
- Designing optimal investment structures (e.g. under the form of either a representative office, branch, subsidiary or partnership) in compliance with the requirement of Vietnamese law;
- Preparing and/or reviewing investment documentation;
- Helping clients prepare periodic and annual reports as required by the competent governmental authorities of Vietnam; and
- Helping clients negotiate with business partners at each stage of the investment process.
If you would like further information on how our firm can assist in addressing your Investment services, please feel free to Contact Us.